We want to provide the best possible care and support to our service users. If you have skills and interests that could help enable people with learning disabilities to live their life to the full, see the latest jobs available. Click below for further details.
The Domestic Worker will be responsible in all matters to the Registered Manager of the home and through him/her to the Chief Executive of Polesworth Group Homes Ltd and through her to the Directors.
The Domestic Worker will be expected to undertake the following tasks as necessary:-
1. To have responsibility for all aspects of domestic care in respect of the Home, i.e. thorough cleaning and vacuuming, cleaning of windows, washing curtains etc. where appropriate. To keep outside of home tidy.
2. Changing and washing of bed linen, making up beds for service users.
3. Assist with washing/ironing/maintenance of service users’ clothes.
4. Offer support, advice, guidance and practical help to service users as necessary.
5. Assist service users in acquiring and developing independent living skills in the areas of personal hygiene, laundry, care of personal belongings and general domestic duties.
6. To prepare hot and cold drinks as required and assist with serving snacks, meals etc.
7. Where appropriate, to escort service users to social functions and any other function the Chief Executive or Registered Manager may feel appropriate. (e.g. parties for service users).
8. To complete an induction and participate in appropriate basic training i.e. First Aid, Fire Warden, Food Hygiene, Moving and Handling.
9. To attend staff meetings and supervision as required.
10. To undertake any other responsibilities required by the Chief Executive or Registered Manager relevant to the post.
• High quality training and support
• Competitive rates of pay
• Excellent conditions of service
• Career-long opportunities to progress and develop